Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our Story.....

First of all I guess the title of this should actually be "God's Story" because we definately would have never made this story for ourselves. Guy and I started dating at Southern Wesleyan University in January of 2008. Soon after we started dating Guy came to me and said he felt like he was being called to the mission field and asked if I would be on board, I really really like him, so of course I said YES. We continued dating, and I kept telling him, can't you just be a pastor HERE, in AMERICA, after all I had always wanted the "American Dream". We attended a mission conference together, where I was then thrown for a loop when someone asked me when I felt called to be a missionary because I hadn't felt called, he had! So I went home very upset, wanting God to show me His will, whether He wanted us to continue dating, whether He wanted me to be a missionary too. In my quiet time with God that night, the verses that the devotional book pointed me to was Matthew 28:19-20, which you can read above. God told me that He has called EVERYONE to be missionaries!
I decided that I wanted to go on a summer mission trip, so I decided to go with the Traveling Team to the IT Project in Los Angeles, CA (which I would recommend to any college student or recent college graduate). My life was then totally turned upside down. Not only did God call everyone to be missionaries but the main story of the Bible is how God is going to use all of his followers to bring every tribe, tongue, and nation to worship Him! I've always had a plan for my life, it consisted of: getting married, having kids, and living in Anderson, SC for the rest of my life. Little did I know that God has SO MUCH MORE planned for me :)
Guy and I are getting married in June! We have decided to partner with a mission agency by the name of Pioneers (www.pioneers.org). We will be attending an orientation with them in August to figure out more details about where and what we will be doing! We are hoping to be overseas within the next year and a half, sooner if God allows! Please continue to pray for God to reveal His next steps for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment